The Allstate Foundation of Canada was established in 1977 to provide grants to charities and not-for-profit organizations that are involved in a variety of activities or educational initiatives focused around crime prevention, road safety or home safety.
To be eligible for a grant from The Allstate Foundation, your organization must meet the following criteria:
- Be a not-for-profit or charitable organization with a Canadian Charitable Registration Number/Business Number (BN);
- Require funding for the following activities and/or educational initiatives: crime prevention, road safety or home safety;
- Require funding for one of the following: research projects, special projects, operating funds, building funds, emergency funds, deficit financing, equipment funds, matching funds and seed money. Grants will not be given for conferences, seminars, endowment funds, or to individuals for awards, fellowships, scholarships or bursaries.
Make sure your application includes:
- Your Canadian Charitable Registration Number/Business Number (BN);
- A brief description of your organization's goals, objectives and projects;
- A list of the members of the Board of Directors;
- A description of the purpose for which assistance is requested.
Upon request, you should be able to provide audited financial statements and budget. Our preference is to receive applications by email. Please send your requests for funding to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you could fax it to 905-513-4018, or mail to:
Allstate Foundation of Canada
27 Allstate Parkway