Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Allstate Insurance Company of Canada is committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our employees are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability. Upon request, we will arrange for an alternative accessible communication format for receiving and responding to customer/employee feedback.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises. It may be necessary for support persons to provide documentation for customer privacy purposes.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, Allstate Insurance Company of Canada will notify customers promptly. The clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if they are available. The notice will be placed on our website at www.allstate.ca.
Training for Staff
Allstate Insurance Company of Canada will provide training to all employees and volunteers within 3 months of hire.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- Allstate Insurance Company of Canada’s plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- How to use any special equipment or devices at their location.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing Allstate Insurance Company of Canada’s goods and services.
Employees will also be trained when changes are made to our plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Allstate Insurance Company of Canada provides goods and services to people with disabilities can provide it in the following methods:
- Phone: (905) 475-4522
- Toll Free: 1-877-726-6786
- Fax: (905) 513-4018
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail: Ombudsman, 27 Allstate Parkway, Suite 100, Markham, ON L3R 5P8
- Verbally to any Allstate Insurance Company of Canada Manager
All feedback will be directed to the Ombudsman office. Customers can expect to hear back in two business days.
Complaints will be addressed according to our organization’s regular complaint management procedures.
All policies of Allstate Insurance Company of Canada will respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities.