When choosing the amount of coverage for your personal belongings, you should determine what it would cost you to replace everything you currently own in your unit. It’s a good idea to keep a home inventory list of all of your personal belongings, room by room. Expensive possessions like jewelry, furs, and antiques may require extended coverage to cover their full value. Check with your agent to learn more.
Allstate’s condo insurance includes
- Coverage for additions and alterations
- upgrades (built-in sound system, custom counters, etc.) to your unit that may exceed standard condominium corporation insurance limits
- Unit Contingent Coverage
- insures your unit so that you are protected if your condominium corporation’s insurance is insufficient.
- Loss Assessment Coverage
- provides coverage (up to a stated limit) to cover major property and liability losses on common property (e.g. swimming pool, laundry room, fitness room, etc.) when a special assessment is levied against you and other unit holders
- provides protection in the event you are assessed a portion of a loss due to the corporation’s deductible