- your home and other structures on your property (e.g. garage, shed personal belongings and contents)
- legal liability to other people and their property
- living expenses if your home is being repaired
- perils such as:
- falling objects
- glass breakage
- wind and hail
- water damage
Your Choice Home’s Special Features and Options
- Claim Forgiveness - your rates won’t go up because of a claim.*
- Disappearing Deductible - your deductible decreases every consecutive term you go without a claim until it disappears.
- Personalized Options
- Game and Fishing
- Identity Theft and Legal Expense Coverage
- Ski and Snowboard
- Yard and Garden (not available in Quebec)
You can choose from three Your Choice Home® packages that offer different levels of coverage:
- Covers both the dwelling and contents for all risks
- Replacement cost (replaces contents with items of similar value, without depreciation)
Features and Options
- Covers the dwelling for a broad range of risks
- Covers contents for certain perils such as fire and theft
- Replacement cost (repairs or replaces items without depreciation)
Features and Options
- Covers the dwelling and contents only for certain perils such as fire and theft
Additional Coverage (available for purchase)
- Earthquake damage
- Personal articles coverage (e.g. jewelry)
- Sewer back-up (not available in all locations)
- Home business coverage
- Property in a storage facility
Allstate offers enhanced coverage to ensure you are adequately protected in the event of a loss*.
Home Replacement Cost Guarantee
This endorsement provides added peace of mind that in the event of a property loss that exceeds the amount of coverage on your dwelling or private structures (as determined by our Replacement Cost Calculator), we will still provide the added protection necessary to repair or rebuild your home even if the damage exceeds your policy’s limits. For example if you have $300,000 coverage on your dwelling which is destroyed in a fire, and the cost of rebuilding your home is actually $350,000, Allstate will pay the additional $50,000. That’s why it’s important to inform us if you renovate your property to ensure your dwelling and contents are appropriately insured.
Single Limit of Insurance
This endorsement provides the added benefit of being able to “borrow” unused coverage from one part of your home insurance policy to pay for losses under another part. For example, if you have $100,000 in coverage for the contents in your home and a fire destroys all of your belongings valued at $125,000, you may be able to claim a portion or all of the $25,000 ($125,000 minus $100,000) under other sections of your home policy (provided they have not been fully exhausted as a result of the same claim).
*These endorsements are subject to all the terms and conditions contained within your specific Policy Contract. Please speak to your agent for more details.
Get a quote. It’s fast, simple and it could save you money.
Call 1-800-allstate, a local agency or contact us online - we're here for you!
Visit our Learning Centre for helpful home insurance tips.
*Claim Forgiveness does not protect your Disappearing Deductible. Terms and conditions apply. Coverage, perils, discounts, and availability may vary by region. Certain coverage may be provided only by the provincial government or related agencies. This contains information about coverage offered by Allstate but does not list all of the conditions and exclusions which apply to the coverage described. The wording of the actual policy and local law will govern.