You’ve invested a lot in your home – furnishings, decorations, appliances, electronics and much more! You probably don’t realize the value of all of your belongings. That’s why having a home inventory record is so important. If your home is damaged in a fire or if some items are stolen, having a home inventory record will help you recall all of your valuable possessions.
Fill out Allstate’s Home Inventory Record including all of your personal belongings in each room. Tips to complete your record:
· List the items in each room including its cost, the year it was purchased and serial number (if applicable).
· Total the value of the items in each room and then calculate the grand total of your home’s contents.
· Take pictures of all rooms in your home and of personal items such as jewelry or electronics; attach them to your home inventory record.
· Attach sales receipts from major purchases.
· Keep your home inventory record in a safe place such as a fire-proof safe or safety deposit box.
· Review your home inventory record annually and adjust items if necessary.