Markham, February 1, 2017 - Whether it’s learning to play a new sport, getting outside, or practising how to make friends and work with others, soccer is often a child’s first experience in a team environment. The accessibility of this sport makes it the most popular in the world, and is likely why it is at the core of numerous communities, not only across Canada but around the world. Given the positive impact soccer can have on youth and their community, Allstate Insurance Company of Canada’s decision to partner with Canada Soccer was a natural fit.
“It was important to find a partner that allowed us to continue our long history of giving back to the communities we serve and supporting tomorrow’s leaders; it’s evident we found that in Canada Soccer.” says Marcelo Regen, Vice-President Allstate Brand, Allstate Insurance Company of Canada. “We are so proud of all we’ve been able to accomplish both at a national and regional level; from cheering on the Canadian Women’s National Team on their journey to Rio, to investing in rising soccer stars in the communities where we do business.”
Throughout 2016, Allstate Canada, together with Canada Soccer hosted over 50 events in communities across the country, reaching over 50,000 children, including events from Halifax to Calgary where nearly 1,000 young athletes had the opportunity to meet, interact with and learn from their Canada’s Women’s National Soccer Team heroes.
- 39 Ombrelle Active Start Soccer Fests – These nationwide festivals are targeted at children between the ages of 5-12 with the goal of introducing the sport of soccer to youth through fun-filled events for both children and their parents. Throughout the summer over 20,000 kids participated in these weekend events.
- Allstate High Performance Soccer Clinics –These clinics, offered free high performance skills training to 200 local players ages 11-16 in Halifax, NS, London, ON and Calgary, AB, and gave Canada’s young developing talent the opportunity to interact and learn from their Olympians – Karina LeBlanc, Rhian Wilkinson and Christine Sinclair, while being inspired by the energy and dedication of local coaches and teammates.
- Coach appreciation events – From attending the Active Start Events, Allstate representatives identified two outstanding coaches, and Ryley Speers (Sherwood Park, AB), to be recognised for their exceptional approach to coaching and leadership skills. Diana Matheson and Rhian Wilkinson each attended a special ceremony to award the coaches with a signed Canadian National Team jersey and speak to their teams about what drives them and the importance of having positive mentors both on and off of the field.
- VIP Experience contest – Youth teams between the ages of 10-16 from Southern Ontario who applied online were eligible to win a VIP Soccer experience and be a part of Canada Soccer’s Road to Rio in June. This included a once-in-a-lifetime experience at BMO Field in Toronto, including a meet and greet with Canada’s Women’s National Team. The lucky winners were the U14 Milton Girls Magic Team, who spent the day getting a behind-the-scenes tour of BMO Field, access to the locker rooms and the opportunity to watch Canada’s Women’s National Team practice before their Road to Rio journey match.
- Digital School Contest – This contest gave high school students in AB, ON, QC, NS and NB the opportunity to win a guest appearance from Karina LeBlanc to their school. The event took place in December at a high school in Calgary, where Karina spoke to students about the importance of being a leader in all areas of your life and getting comfortable with being uncomfortable.
“2016 was a phenomenal year to be a Canada Soccer partner and fan and across the country our agents had the pleasure of attending each of these events, speaking to young athletes, students and parents alike about the importance of community and leadership skills,” said Regen. “Needless to say, if last year was any indication of what we have to look forward to, we anticipate great things for 2017.”
About Allstate Insurance Company of Canada
Allstate Insurance Company of Canada is one of the country's leading producers and distributors of home and auto insurance products, serving Canadians since 1953. The company strives to keep its customers in "Good Hands®" as well as its employees, and has been listed as a Best Employer in Canada for five years in a row -- achieving platinum status for the second consecutive year. Allstate Canada is committed to making a positive difference in the communities in which it operates and has partnered with organizations such as Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD Canada), United Way, and Junior Achievement. To learn more about Allstate Canada, visit http://www.allstate.ca/. For home, auto and everyday life safety tips and advice, visit goodhandsadvice.ca.
For more information, please contact:
Senior Communications Specialist
Allstate Insurance Company of Canada
T: 905-475-4527 C: 416-278-4141
Senior Marketing Sponsorship Specialist
Allstate Insurance Company of Canada
T: 905-477-6900 Ext. 1002285