NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1. The Allstate Canadian International Auto Show JUST DRIVE PHOTO Contest (the “Contest”) will begin on Friday, February 14, 2014 at 12:00 noon EST (the “Contest Starting Date”) and will end on Sunday, February 23, 2014 at 6:00 p.m. EST (the “Contest Closing Date”). This Contest is being conducted by the Allstate Insurance Company of Canada (the “Sponsor”).
2. Before entering the Contest, each entrant must review and agree to be bound by the Contest Rules as set out herein. By entering the Contest, entrants accept and agree to be bound by the Contest Rules, and accept the decisions of the Sponsor in connection with this Contest as final and binding in all respects.
3. The Contest is open to residents of Ontario who are 16 years of age or older as of the Contest Starting Date. Employees, representatives, agents, shareholders, officers and directors of the Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies and those with whom any of the above reside are not eligible to enter this Contest.
4. By entering the Contest, the winner consents, to the extent permitted by law, to the use of his or her name, image, voice, likeness, city of residence and/or photograph without compensation in any publicity or advertising carried out in any medium worldwide by the Sponsor and/or its advertising or promotional agencies without limitation or further notification.
How to Enter
5. Take a picture of the facial expression you would make when seeing a distracted driver. Post the photo on Facebook or Twitter, using the hashtag #justdriveCIAS. Only one (1) post may be submitted per entrant, and each entrant may only use one (1) social media account to participate.
6. All entries must be received by the Contest Closing Date in order to be eligible for the Contest.
7. Entries that do not conform to or satisfy any condition of these Contest Rules shall be disqualified.
8. The Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, late, delayed, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, damaged, altered, or destroyed entries.
9. All entries become the property of the Sponsor.
10. Grand Prize: Three winners will be selected to collect one of three (3) $100 Petro Canada gas cards. The prize must be accepted as awarded. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equivalent or greater value, including cash equivalent to the advertised retail value, in the event of the unavailability of the advertised prize. The prize may not be transferred, assigned or redeemed for cash. Sponsor’s rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to the promotion and the awarding of the prize.
11. Grand Prize: A random drawing to award the prizes will be held at approximately 5:00 p.m. on Monday, February 24, 2014 by the Sponsor. The selected entrant will be contacted by telephone or email within 48 hours of the draw. If the selected entrant declines the prize or cannot be contacted by telephone or email within seven (7) days of the draw date his/her entry will be disqualified and another entrant will be randomly selected until such time as contact is made by mail, telephone or email with the selected entrant or there are no more entries.
12. Upon notification, the selected entrant must, unaided, correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question. In the event that the selected entrant is unable to answer the skill-testing question correctly, the Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify said entrant and to randomly draw another eligible entry, and the Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
13. If the selected entrant declines the prize, is not eligible or does not otherwise meet the requirements as set out in the Contest Rules, the Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify said entrant and randomly draw another eligible entry for purposes of awarding the prize, and the Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharge from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
14. By entering the Contest, each selected entrant agrees to sign and return the following to the Sponsor within fourteen (14) days of notification:
(a) A form affirming eligibility and compliance with all Contest Rules.
(b) A liability release form releasing the Sponsor from all liability arising from or relating to the acceptance, receipt, possession, use or misuse of the awarded prize, participation in any Contest-related activity, or participation in this Contest.
(c) A publicity release form permitting the Sponsor or its agents to use his or her name, image, voice, likeness, city of residence, and/or photograph without compensation in any publicity or advertising carried out in any medium worldwide by the Sponsor and/or its advertising or promotional agencies without limitation or further compensation or notification, unless prohibited by law.
If a selected entrant fails to submit the above within the given time period, the Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify said entrant and randomly draw another eligible entry for the purpose of awarding the prize (time permitting), and the Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to terminate or suspend the Contest, or modify the Contest Rules at any time for any reason or should fraud or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or odds of winning.
Chances of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The Sponsor is unaware of how many eligible entries will be received.
15. The Sponsor shall not be liable for any human or technical errors that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of the entries.
16. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, servers or providers or entry to be received by the Sponsor as a result of technical problems or human error.
17. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
18. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
19. By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees that the courts of the Province of Ontario, Canada shall have jurisdiction to entertain any action or other legal proceedings based on any provision of these Contest Rules or the running of this Contest. Each entrant hereby irrevocably attorns to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario.