Allstate’s Guide to Lower Auto Insurance Rates
When you’re shopping for insurance, there’s a lot to consider: what coverages do you need? How high are your limits? Do you need additional endorsements? And of course, you’ll likely think about your insurance rate.
At Allstate, we know you want the best auto insurance coverage and value for your money — and that’s where a local Allstate agent can help. We’re happy to walk you through your coverage needs, review ways to help lower your auto insurance rates, and tailor a solution to meet your needs. Here are just a few ways you can start saving.
- Choose a higher deductible. Carrying a higher deductible means you pay more out of your pocket if you’re in an accident, but over the long-run, you may save money.
- Consider decreasing your collision coverage on older vehicles. If you have a twelve-year-old car that is worth $1,000 and your deductible is $1,000, it may not be worth it to carry collision coverage, so check with your agent.
- Combine your home and auto insurance with Allstate for additional savings.
- Insure more than one vehicle with Allstate for additional savings.
- Build up your driving experience and maintain a clean driving record. The number of years you’ve been licensed and whether you are accident and violation-free impacts your premium.
- Keep kilometers down and adjust how far you drive. Car pool or take public transportation from time to time.
- Consider the type, year and safety rating of your vehicle. If a vehicle is considered difficult to steal or has lower repair costs, this can help to lower your premium.
- Install an anti-theft device, which could lower the risk of your car being stolen and may result in further rate reductions.
Whether you're shopping for new insurance or your renewal is coming up, call your local Allstate agency today. We’ll walk you through your options so you can start taking advantage of Allstate’s personal service, quality coverage and savings!