Protect Your Home with Allstate’s New Enhanced Water Damage Coverage Options
There’s no place like home. Large or small, the structure you live in is filled with your treasured possessions and dearest memories.
You’ve read the headlines and watched the images unfold on your TV or computer screens. Sewer backups, ground water accumulation, and devastating rainfall are putting homes at risk. Insurance claims for water damage are on the rise. The message is clear – water is now one of the leading causes of damage to homes in Canada.
That’s why Allstate has introduced new water damage insurance policy options which you can add to your property policy.
To provide homeowners, condominium owners, and rental property tenants with better coverage, our Enhanced Water Damage Endorsement has been crafted to meet the needs of our customers.
What are the types of water damage covered by Allstate’s Enhanced Water Damage Endorsement?
- Damage caused by water overflow from a sewer, drain, sump pit or septic tank.
- Water damage resulting from a malfunction of your sump pump.
- Sewer backup due to water overflow from a body of fresh water.
- Flood from a body of fresh water such as a river, stream, or lake.
- Unusual and rapid accumulation of rainfall that enters through your basement windows, a crack in your basement floor or wall, or through your garage door.
- The unusual and rapid accumulation of ground water or surface water which causes water to enter your home.
- Recovery of expenses incurred by you for the installation of a certified back flow valve and/or sump pump with a backup power system.
- Damage to your service line(s) that are a direct result of a service line failure.
Check out the unique benefits Allstate offers:
- Coverage for service lines – Allstate doesn’t just cover the repair or replacement of water and sewer lines like other companies. Our comprehensive coverage includes expenses up to $10,000 related to the repair or replacement of damaged service lines, including water, sewer, gas, electricity, cable and phone lines.
- In the event of a covered sewer backup event, you are entitled to up to $1,000 toward the cost of installation of a certified back flow valve and/or sump pump with backup power.
To find out more about this coverage or other options, such as Allstate’s Limited Sewer Backup Endorsement, contact a local Allstate agent or call 1-800-ALLSTATE now.
Find a local Allstate agency.
*The Enhanced Water Damage Endorsement and Limited Sewer Backup Endorsement are available in Ontario, Alberta, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. This page contains information about home insurance coverage options which may have additional premiums. It does not include all conditions and exclusions which apply to Allstate insurance policies and their coverage option(s). If you are an Allstate customer, the terms of your property insurance policy and any of its endorsements govern. Please review your policy and its endorsements in detail and contact your local agent or 1-800-ALLSTATE if you have any questions.