Ground Water, Sewers and Overflow of Body of Water Endorsement
How does the Ground Water, Sewers and Overflow of Body of Water Endorsement cover overland water damage?
It covers damage to your home due to water that accumulates upon or submerges land which is usually dry. This includes:
• water originating from the rising or overflow of any stream of water or body of water, whether natural or man-made or from dam breaks.
• sewer backup damage resulting from overland water where there is evidence that overland water entered the dwelling or detached private structure where the loss occurred.
What am I covered for with the Ground and Water, Sewers and Overflow of Body of Water Endorsement?
• Damage caused by the escape of water from a sewer, drain, sump, retention tank, or holding pond.
• Sewer backup due to water overflow brought about by a malfunction of your sump pump.
• Ground or surface water that enters or leaks into the building through sidewalks, walls, basement floors, foundation, or other means.
• Water from the overflow of any stream of water or body of water, whether natural or man-made. Water overflow or from dam breaks.
What’s not covered by the Ground Water, Sewers and Overflow of Body of Water Coverage?
• Loss or damage caused by tides, tidal waves, seiches, tsunamis, and other types of coastal flooding.
• Leaking and/or continuous seepage of water through roof, walls or foundations, caused by wear-and-tear or ill-repair.
How can I purchase these endorsements?
You can contact your local Allstate agent.
What if I have more questions?
For general inquiries, contact your local Allstate agent, call us at 1-800-ALLSTATE or contact us online – we’re here for you!
For more advice on how to protect your property, visit Allstate’s blog at goodhandsadvice.ca. Also follow us on Facebook and Twitter @allstatecanada!
Find a local Allstate agent.
This document pertains to a coverage options in Quebec which may have additional premium associated with it. It does not include all conditions and exclusions which apply to the coverage described and it is for informational purposes only. If you are an Allstate customer, the terms of your property policy and the described endorsements, if added to your policy, govern. Please review your insurance policy and any of the endorsements in detail and contact your local agent or call 1-800-ALLSTATE if you have any questions.