Boating is one of the most enjoyable ways to experience the great outdoors - fishing with friends or cruising with loved ones. But while you’re enjoying the open waters, you need to know you have the right boat insurance coverage. Navigate your way into Good Hands® with Allstate’s boat insurance.
What does boat insurance cover?
With Allstate’s marine insurance, you can relax knowing your boat or watercraft is covered from bow to stern.
- Sports boats
- Pontoon boats
- Fishing boats
- Kayak and Canoes
- Personal watercrafts
- Jet boats*
- And more
Boat insurance not only offers protection for your boat, but also:
- Boating equipment (e.g. dinghies, GPS, fish finders)
- Boat trailers
Boat Coverage at a Glance
As a boater, you have specialized insurance needs. Ensure you enjoy the boating season with the right kind of insurance.
- Boat Liability Insurance – protects you if you are in an accident and you’re held legally liable for injury or death to other people. It also covers damage to other people’s property.
- Uninsured Boat Coverage – covers you if you’re in an accident with an uninsured boater.
- Medical Payments - covers medical expenses if you, a family member, or another individual is injured (up to a maximum of your policy limits).
- Emergency Services - pays for the costs if your boat or watercraft breaks down or needs to be towed.
- All Risk Coverage – covers perils such as theft, fire, sinking, collision, explosion, damage in transit, windstorm, hail, vandalism, lightning.
Do I need boat insurance?
While it isn’t always mandatory, boat insurance can protect against risks, such as damage to your boat or motor, liability and unforeseen events. Ensure you, your boat and your onboard belongings are safeguarded financially by getting a quote today. It’s fast, simple and it could save you money. Call 1-800-allstate, contact a local agent or contact us online - we're here for you!
How much does boat insurance cost?
Insuring you boat depends on a number of factors, like the type of boat you own, engine size and length of boat. Whether it’s a fishing boat, runabout or pontoon, Allstate have agents on hand to ensure you have the protection you need for your boat at an affordable price.
*Not all jet boats are covered by boat insurance, please check with your local Allstate agent as terms and conditions apply.
Boat coverage is only available with an active Allstate property insurance policy. Terms and conditions and some restrictions apply. Covered perils and availability may vary by region and some coverage may be provided only by the provincial government or related agencies. This contains information about boatowners coverage offered by Allstate but does not list all of the conditions and exclusions which could apply. Boatowners coverage wording and local law will govern. For more information on coverage, perils, and availability please contact your local Allstate agency at 1-800-allstate.