Whether you are planning your big day, hosting an event or private party, Allstate Canada wants to ensure you’re in good hands. That is why we are proud to partner with PAL Insurance Brokers Canada Ltd. to provide a variety of Specialty Insurance policies to help meet your needs.
PAL is proudly 100% Canadian owned and operated, with offices in Calgary AB, Simcoe ON, and Montreal QC. With their own in-house claims team and several bilingual staff, PAL is dedicated to evolving and serving the Canadian Insurance Industry for years to come!
What is Special Event Liability Insurance?
(not available in Quebec)
Special event liability insurance, also known as Event Liability, may help cover expenses if you are found to be responsible for bodily injury or property damage during your event. Event liability provides protection to hosts against lawsuits arising out of single or multi-day functions with or without service of alcohol.
What does Special Event Liability insurance cover?
- Liability limits from $1,000,000 to $5,000,000 with deductibles from $0.
- Commercial General Liability
- Third Party Property Damage/Bodily Injury
- Medical Payment ($2,500pp/$25,000 max)
- Non-Owned Auto
- Food and Beverage Product Coverage
- Cross Liability
- Employees/Volunteers as Additional Insured
- Tenant's Legal Liability ($500,000+)
- Host Liquor Liability - up to $5,000,000 limit available.
- Property Extension - Coverage for items you may own, rent or are in your custody, care or control, i.e. Audio/Visual equipment, tables and chairs, projector screens, etc.
Do I need Event Liability insurance?
If you are planning a single or multi-day event, it can be a huge investment of time and money. You may want to consider event liability insurance for the cancellation coverage so you can be reimbursed for any lost deposits.
Many venues will require the host to acquire event liability coverage to protect their own property from damage as well as reduce liability should someone become injured.
What kind of events need to be insured?
- Family Reunions
- After Graduation Celebrations (SafeGrad)
- Music Festivals
- Ball Tournaments
- Street Parties
- Film Shoots
- Hockey Tournaments
- Theatrical Performances
- Youth Dances
- Film Festivals
- Craft Shows
- And More...
What is Wedding Insurance?
Wedding insurance is a type of special event coverage that protects a couple’s investment in a private event, such as a wedding. Like special event insurance, wedding insurance covers third party property damage and bodily injury and it extends further to provide many more financial protections to give you peace of mind in those critical days leading up to and on your wedding day.
What does wedding insurance cover?
Planning a wedding can be stressful, that is why PAL created Weddinguard - the most comprehensive and competitively priced wedding insurance product on the Canadian market.
- Commercial General Liability: including Host Liquor Liability for three (3) 24-hour periods. Includes coverage for rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception and gift opening. Extra 24-hour periods available upon request.
- Wedding Cancellation: Reimbursement of deposits paid or contracted to be paid because of unexpected cancellation of the wedding.
- Honeymoon Cancellation: Will reimburse if Insured suffers a loss of pre-paid, non-refundable cost of travel due to the cancellation of the actual wedding.
- Loss deposits: Will pay for non-refundable deposits made to providers of any booked goods or services if they suffer financial failure.
- Wedding photos and video: Payment of the extra expenses necessary to retake the photos if they cannot be reproduced for any reason including non-appearance of the photographer.
- Bridal attire: Coverage for physical loss or damage to the bridal attire once the property is in the care of the Insured.
- Wedding Gifts: Insurance for direct physical loss of or damage to wedding presents (24 hours prior to and after the wedding) while property is at the couples’ home or reception location or in transit between the two.
- Rings: Covers physical loss or damage to wedding bands. Insurance coverage starts 7 days prior to wedding.
- Wedding Cake and Flowers: Direct physical damage or loss to the wedding cake or flowers seven days prior to the wedding.
- Wedding Stationery: Physical damage or loss to the wedding stationery prior to the wedding. Includes invitations, RSVP cards, menus and name cards.
- Rented Property: Reimbursement of direct and physical damage to rented property used during the wedding reception. It includes, but is not limited to, temporary outdoor shelters, such as tents or marquees, tables and chairs, stages, audio and visual equipment.
- Worldwide Coverage Available*
What is Prize Indemnity Insurance?
Prize indemnity insurance, also known as hole-in-one insurance, gives you the ability to offer special contests and promotions while transferring the risk to an experienced and financially bound insurer. Running a large prize contest can provide lucrative marketing opportunity for your business.
What is covered by Prize Indemnity Insurance?
PAL offers coverage for a number of contests, such as Hole in One, Hockey Scoro, Weather Promotion, Crack the Code, Envelope/Number Draw, Curling, Basketball, Football, and more.
What is Contents In Storage Insurance?
PAL’s coverage extends beyond event liability and wedding policies to include Contents in Storage insurance. Contents in Storage insurance is designed for the temporary storage of goods during transitional times as well as long-term storage of excess household goods or commercial contents. PAL provides All-Risk / Replacement Cost coverage for contents while stored in a PAL-approved storage unit facility only.
What does Contents in Storage Insurance cover?
The storage insurance policy terms range from 1-6 months, 9 months and 12 months with extensions and renewals available upon request. Contents values range from $5,000 to $800,000, increasing in $5,000 increments only. Personal Legal Liability coverage is also available, from $1M to $5M and including $500,000 Tenant Legal Liability coverage at the storage facility, for a minimal cost.
PAL Insurance Brokers Canada Inc also offer other commercial programs including ATM & VLT insurance, Event Cancellation, Performer Liability, Caterer Liability, Collectibles Insurance, and even insurance for Food Trucks!
*Some exclusions may apply. Not available in Quebec.
The language in this document may not be the same as the actual policy wording which will prevail in all instances and is available upon request. Certain exclusions, limitations and conditions may apply. Specialty Insurance is provided by PAL Insurance Brokers Canada Ltd. and is available by referral to Ivantage Insurance Brokers.
© Copyright 2007-2021 PAL Insurance Brokers Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Trademark owned by Allstate Insurance Company used under license by Allstate Insurance Company of Canada. ©2021 Allstate Insurance Company of Canada.