Allstate Canada is proud to partner with PAL Insurance Brokers Canada LTD. to provide a variety of Specialty Insurance policies. PAL policies are known across Canada as the gold standard in event liability insurance. Their offering extends much further to include Contents in Storage, Exhibitor Liability, Server Liability, Weddinguard and Safe Grad. Further niche commercial programs offered include ATM & VLT insurance, Event Cancellation and Prize Indemnity, such as Hole in One and Hockey Scoro contests. PAL’s newest programs include Performer Liability, Caterer Liability, Collectibles Insurance, and even insurance for Food Trucks!
PAL is proudly 100% Canadian owned and operated, with offices in Calgary AB, Simcoe ON, and Montreal QC. With their own in-house claims team, several bilingual staff, and many family members actively engaged in the business, PAL is dedicated to evolving and serving the Canadian Insurance Industry for years to come!
Special Event Liability
What is it? – This policy provides protection to event hosts against lawsuits arising out of single or multi-day functions with or without service of alcohol.
What is the Coverage? - Offering limits of liability from $1,000,000 to $5,000,000 with deductibles from $0.
• Coverage included: Commercial General Liability, including Third Party Property Damage/Bodily Injury, Medical Payment ($2,500pp/$25,000 max), Non-Owned Auto, Food and Beverage Product Coverage, Cross Liability, Employees/Volunteers as Additional Insured and Tenant's Legal Liability ($500,000+)
• Host Liquor Liability - up to $5,000,000 limit available.
• Property Extension - Coverage for items you may own, rent or are in your custody, care or control, i.e. Audio/Visual equipment, tables and chairs, projector screens, etc.
Who is it for? - Hosts of single or multi-day events who are seeking coverage (other than 1-day reception style event. Hosts of single or multi-day events where NO alcohol will be served (however, liquor extensions are available.)
• Examples of events: Meetings, family reunions, music festivals, concerts, ball tournaments, street parties, conventions, film shoots, hockey tournaments, theatrical performances, youth dances, film festivals, camps, rodeos, craft shows and more...
What is it? - PAL's Weddinguard program is the most comprehensive and competitively priced wedding insurance product on the Canadian market. It provides the Liquor Liability coverage that many wedding venues require couples to obtain for their wedding, plus many more financial protections that will give you peace of mind in those critical days leading up to and on your wedding day.
What is the Coverage?
- Commercial General Liability: including Host Liquor Liability for three (3) 24-hour periods. Includes coverage for rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception and gift opening.
Extra 24-hour periods available upon request.
- Wedding Cancellation: Reimbursement of deposits paid or contracted to be paid because of unexpected cancellation of the wedding.
- Honeymoon Cancellation: Will reimburse if Insured suffers a loss of pre-paid, non-refundable cost of travel due to the cancellation of the actual wedding.
- Loss deposits: Will pay for non-refundable deposits made to providers of any booked goods or services if they suffer financial failure.
- Wedding photos and video: Payment of the extra expenses necessary to retake the photos if they cannot be reproduced for any reason including non-appearance of the photographer.
- Bridal attire: Coverage for physical loss or damage to the bridal attire once the property is in the care of the Insured.
- Wedding Gifts: Insurance for direct physical loss of or damage to wedding presents (24 hours prior to and after the wedding) while property is at the couples’ home or reception location or in transit between the two.
- Rings: Covers physical loss or damage to wedding bands. Coverage starts 7 days prior to wedding.
- Wedding Cake and Flowers: Direct physical damage or loss to the wedding cake or flowers seven days prior to the wedding.
- Wedding Stationery: Physical damage or loss to the wedding stationery prior to the wedding. Includes invitations, RSVP cards, menus and name cards.
- Rented Property: Reimbursement of direct and physical damage to rented property used during the wedding reception. It includes, but is not limited to, temporary outdoor shelters, such as tents or marquees, tables and chairs, stages, audio and visual equipment.
Worldwide Coverage Available
• Some restrictions apply
Contents In Storage
What is it? - All-Risk / Replacement Cost coverage for contents while stored in a PAL-approved storage facility only. It is designed for temporary storage of goods during transitional times, etc. and/or long-term storage of excess household goods or commercial contents, stock, etc.
What is the Coverage? - Policy terms range from 1-6 months, 9 months and 12 months with extensions/renewals available upon request. Contents values range from $5,000 to $800,000, increasing in $5,000 increments only. Personal Legal Liability coverage is also available, from $1M to $5M and including $500,000 Tenant Legal Liability coverage at the storage facility, for a minimal cost.
What is it? - Gives you the ability to offer special contests and promotions while transferring the risk to an experienced and financially bound insurer. Running a contest can provide lucrative marketing opportunity for your business.
Popular Examples? – Hole in One, Hockey Scoro, Weather Promotion, Crack the Code, Envelope/Number Draw, Curling, Basketball, Football
Trademark owned by Allstate Insurance Company used under license by Allstate Insurance Company of Canada. ©2019 Allstate Insurance Company of Canada.
© Copyright 2007-2019 PAL Insurance Brokers Ltd. All Rights Reserved.