Whether you’re planning an extended getaway, a vacation overseas or a last-minute trip across the border, travel confidently with TripMate Travel Insurance, through Allstate’s trusted provider, TuGo, and get coverage for unexpected medical emergencies, including COVID-19.
Get an online TripMate Travel Insurance quote
( Note: You will be directed to the TuGo site where you can get an online quote.)
Benefits of getting TripMate Travel Insurance:
TripMate Emergency Medical Insurance includes coverage for hospitalization and treatment for medical emergencies, including COVID-19.
||Dedicated 24/7 emergency medical assistance
If you’re sick of injured while away, the emergency assistance team is available to help get you the best possible care 24/7.
||Custom add-ons and coverages
Unlike the “one-size-fits-all” approach of credit cards and employee benefit plans, TripMate allows you to choose your deductible, trip length, and personalize with Sports & Activities Coverage, Unstable Pre-existing Medical Condition Coverage and more!
||Complimentary MyFlytTM service
With TripMate, you’ll have complimentary access to MyFlyt. Simply register! Each time your flight’s delayed 2+ hours, you’ll instantly receive your choice of an airport lounge pass or cash payout.
Travel more than once a year? With a Multi Trip Annual plan, pay once and be covered for multiple trips throughout the year – you’ll save time and money too.
Get added coverage to protect your travel investment:
- Trip Cancellation & Trip Interruption Insurance
- Baggage Insurance
- Rental Car Protection
All Inclusive Holiday Package
The All Inclusive Holiday Package is a great option for Canadian residents 59 years old or younger looking to bundle and save! From medical emergencies to missed flights, the All Inclusive Holiday Package has you covered.
Contact your local agent today for more information.
Travel Insurance FAQs
What is travel insurance?
Travel insurance is a type of coverage designed to help cover costs when the unexpected occurs before and during a trip.
Why buy travel insurance?
There are lots of ways that trips can go wrong that are beyond your control. Travel insurance can help protect your travel investment against cancellations or cutting short your trip, missed transport or delayed departure and emergency medical expenses. Without travel insurance, you may have to pay out of your own pocket to deal with a problem while you're away.
What does travel insurance cover?
Travel insurance typically covers non-refundable payments and costs relating to your trip when the unexpected occurs. Most travel insurance plans cover medical emergencies, trip cancellation or interruption, delays, medical evacuation, and lost, damaged, or stolen luggage.
Does travel insurance cover COVID-19?
Through our partners at TuGo, we are proud to offer TripMate Emergency Medical Insurance, which includes coverage for COVID-19 when travelling outside of Canada for fully vaccinated* travellers, and for travel within Canada regardless of vaccination status. When Trip Cancellation & Trip Interruption Insurance is purchased, you will also have coverage if you have to cancel or interrupt your trip due to getting sick with COVID-19.
* including subsequent doses of the vaccine if available.
For further details, see Buying Travel Medical Insurance in Canada FAQs at tugo.com.
When should I buy travel insurance?
You should purchase Trip Cancellation & Trip Interruption travel insurance as soon as you book your trip to ensure you are protected against cancellations. Emergency medical insurance would need to be purchased prior to departing on your trip.
Does my credit card provide travel insurance?
While some credit cards provide basic travel insurance, coverage is often limited and only applicable if the trip is paid for with your card.
How to buy travel insurance online?
It's important to get the right type of coverage for your needs. Travel insurance policies depend on:
- Age – Travel insurance should cover you at any age. While coverage becomes more expensive with age, comprehensive coverage is so important. Travellers 60 and older need to complete a Medical Questionnaire to determine their travel insurance premium.
- Pre-existing medical conditions – If you have a medical condition, you can still get coverage. TripMate Emergency Medical Insurance offers competitive stability periods and Unstable Pre-existing Medical Conditions Coverage.
- How often you travel – If you are a frequent traveller, it may be better to buy a Multi Trip Annual policy. It allows you to travel for an unlimited number of trips up to the trip length selected for a full year, rather than buying a Single Trip policy for each individual trip.
- Destination – If you're travelling within your province, you may be covered by your provincial government healthcare plan. However, when travelling outside of your home province, including in the United States, your provincial government health care will provide minimal coverage and you will need extra emergency medical insurance.
- What you'll be doing while you're away – Extra coverage may be needed if you're taking part in high-risk sports and activities, such as backcountry skiing.
- Whether you're travelling independently or buying a package holiday – Package holidays may offer protection if things go wrong with transport or accommodation; however, TripMate Travel Insurance allows you to customize your coverage.
- Mode of transportation – Some cruises and budget airline flights may not offer travel protection and you may want to consider purchasing TripMate Travel Insurance to supplement your coverage.
The language on this website may not be the same as the actual policy wording which will prevail in all instances and is available upon request. Certain exclusions, limitations and conditions may apply. Allstate trademark owned by Allstate Insurance Company used under licence by Allstate Insurance Company of Canada. ©2022 Allstate Insurance Company of Canada. Allstate Insurance Company of Canada is not the provider for this insurance. Insurance is administered by North American Air Travel Insurance Agents Ltd. doing business as TuGo®, a licensed insurance broker in all provinces and territories. The issuer of the contract is Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc. and Industrial Alliance Pacific General Insurance Corporation. TuGo® and TripMate® are registered trademarks owned by North American Air Travel Insurance Agents Ltd. doing business as TuGo®.