What You Need to Know Before You Renew
There are lots of options when it comes to choosing home and auto insurance. How much coverage do you need? What deductible should you choose? Do you need additional endorsements? Allstate will make sure you have the coverage that fits your needs and the discounts to help you save. Here are some things to consider before renewing:
How much insurance do I need for my home?
It depends on the value of your home’s physical structure and the value of all of your personal property (e.g. furnishings, clothing, appliances, entertainment systems, etc.). There are limits and exclusions that apply to your personal property, so be sure to check with your insurance company about how much coverage is right for you.
How can I reduce my home insurance premium?
- Keeping your home secure pays off. If you install a home security system and/or a monitored fire alarm, you may qualify for discounts.
- You can also lower your premium by choosing a higher deductible.
- Allstate offers many discounts that can help you save even more like a Claim-Free Bonus if you go 12 months without making a claim*.
How do limits and deductibles impact my premium?
Your premium will be higher if you have a higher limit and a lower deductible. When choosing the deductible that’s right for you, think about how much you can afford to pay if you have an accident. If you have a lower deductible, you'll pay less out-of-pocket costs when you make a claim, however you'll pay a higher premium.
How can I reduce my auto insurance premium?
- Keep building up your experience and keep a clean driving record.
- Choose a higher deductible.
- Remove your collision coverage on older vehicles.
- Combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company.
- Keep kilometres down and adjust how far you drive; car pool or take public transportation where possible.
Questions about insurance rates or coverage? Come on in. Our agents have the answers you need.