Report a Claim
Report a claim
Select the appropriate location phone number to reach your claims team. You can call us 24 hours a day – 7 days a week.
Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan:
Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland:
Registered myAllstate customers:
Report your claim using our secure online claim forms.
Sign up to myAllstate today to report your claim. myAllstate has many other benefits:
• Pay your bills online.
• View your policy details in one convenient spot.
• Make changes to coverages, limits and deductibles quickly and easily.
• Report your insurance claims.
• Access the myalllstate app, available on the App Store and Google Play, and manage your insurance on the go.
You can count on allstate for all of your claims needs
You can count on our highly skilled claims experts being there for you day or night to offer you fast, fair claim service when you need it. We want to ensure we provide you with the support you deserve during the claims process.
Preferred service centres
If you use a recommended Allstate Priority Repair Option (PRO) vendor for your property or auto repairs, we’ll guarantee the repairs made for as long as you own your car or home, and are insured by Allstate.*
Our PRO vendors have been thoroughly vetted and evaluated for their quality of work and service. They have licenced technicians who are highly trained, have the right technology to repair vehicles and agree to regular inspections by Allstate.
How to report a claim with one of our marketing partners
GORE mutual insurance
Frequently asked questions
How long will my claim take?
What's a deductible?
What happens if my vehicle is not repairable?
What if the repairs are more than the estimate?
Will my insurance premium increase if i file a claim?
Is my property or vehicle covered from the recent storm damage?
Please note that not all policies are equal. It’s important to check your coverage and limits first. In most cases, your home insurance policy will cover damage caused by perils such as wind or rainstorm including:
• Losses caused by flying debris or fallen trees and/or branches.
• Losses to your home and contents from water entering through openings suddenly caused by wind
• Damage to vehicles from wind or water (if you have comprehensive coverage as part of your policy).
What should I have ready when making a claim?
- Assess any damage, and if possible, assemble proofs of purchase, photos, and receipts.
- Keep damaged items unless they pose a health hazard.
- Keep notes and be as detailed as possible when documenting damage and providing information. Keep all receipts related to cleanup.
- If your home is uninhabitable due to a covered loss, the additional living expense coverage will consider increased costs you incur if you’re temporarily unable to live at home. Retain all receipts such as hotel bills, and restaurant meals.
My power went out during the storm and hasn’t returned. Will my insurance policy cover the food in my refrigerator and freezer that have spoiled?
Typically, in the event of a power outage, your insurance policy covers the contents up to a specified amount. Please check with your agent for what perils your policy covers and if it covers damage to spoiled food.
Your freezer and their contents may be covered (up to a specified limit) for damage related to food spoilage caused by an accidental power interruption, or as the result of a covered peril like a tree falling on your home’s roof and severing your power line.