Ways to Make a Payment
Ways to make a payment
Important Note: making a payment on myAllstate is not available to monthly pay plan customers. If you anticipate a problem with your payment withdrawal, please contact your local agency immediately.
To pay a policy issued in the United States, visit www.allstate.com.
Most of our property and auto insurance policy customers are eligible to enrol in our Easy Pay Plan which includes monthly credit card billing (using Visa, MasterCard or Amex) or chequing withdrawals.
Your monthly payment amount will not change during your policy's term, unless you make a change that affects the premium, such as adding another car or driver. You will be notified of any changes in your remaining payments.
If you would like to update your payment information or change bank or bank accounts while using the Easy Pay Plan, contact your local agency.
If you have provided authorization to initiate recurring payment transactions from your bank account, refer to the Terms of Agreement for disclosure to accountholder and accountholder consent.
1. Pay at your bank To sign up for online banking, the banking system requires a 13-digit account number. Your Allstate account number has your policy number and the month and day of your policy effective date. Your account number should be set up without any spaces or dashes e.g., Account Number: 0511234561001. You can find your account number on your billing notice.
2. Important! Please set up a separate account on your bank’s website or telephone banking system for each Allstate policy you have. You can use the memo feature available on most online banking sites to find your separate policies (car, house, cottage, etc.). Also, if your payment is due immediately, please call your local agency in order to meet the payment due date.
3. How is Allstate shown in the list of payees? Our legal name is Allstate Insurance Company of Canada, but in the banking system we are known simply as “Allstate”.
4. How long does it take to process my payment? Each bank is different, but it can take some banks up to five business days to process your payment through their system. Make your payment in plenty of time to meet your Allstate payment due date.
5. If you have any questions or wish to find out if your policy is eligible for our Easy Payment Plan, contact your local agency.
2. If you’re enrolled to make monthly payments from your bank and the funds are not available, Allstate will automatically try to debit your account again after a minimum of three business days. If the second attempt is unsuccessful, you will be charged a $50 NSF fee* in addition to any fees charged by your bank.
3. If there are any NSF or returned payments, you may lose the convenience of your Monthly Payment Plan (subject to various provincial requirements).
*Fees vary by province and are subject to change without notice.